Race Officials have the right to remove any runner from the course deemed necessary for their safety and the safety of all others.
All participants and attendees must adhere to the following rules:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What if I have my own ChampionChip®?
Unfortunately, you may NOT use your own ChampionChip, due to new technology being used by the timing company.
Are there cutoff times on-course?
Yes, the 5k and 10k races will both end at 11AM. Any participant who has not completed the races prior to then will not receive an official time.
Where are bathrooms located?
Bathroom facilities are available at the Start/Finish Line area.
What if I cannot participate once I have registered?
All race participant purchases are final. If you cannot participate, the entry fee will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to the 2014 race or another competitor.
Can I run with headphones?
No, mp3 players and other audio devices are not permitted. The sound of nature surrounding you will be music to your ears!
What if I am unable to finish the race?
Any runner dropping out of the race must notify a volunteer at a staffed Aid Station or at the Start/Finish Line. The athlete will be responsible for paying a large bill if a Search & Rescue team is sent out on their behalf and they are not on the race course.
Will there be a lost and found?
Yes, all lost and found items will be at the Registration area.
Where on the course can my friends/family watch the race?
We recommend having your friends/family watch the race at the Start/Finish Line area.
What if I want to change race distances after registering?
Participants may change their race distance on race day at the Registration area.
Can someone else pick up my bib number and race packet?
Race numbers will only be given to family, friends or anyone else other than the participant with a photocopy of the participant’s government-issued photo I.D. No exceptions will be made.
- Numbers must be visible on the outside and front of runners’ clothing.
- All Runners: It is your responsibility to check in at the Aid Station in the event you feel you need immediate medical attention.
- Only attempt to pass another runner when it is safe for both you and the other runner to do so.
- When passing another runner, make every attempt to pass on their left, unless it is unsafe. Announce your intention to pass by saying, “passing on your left” (or right, if it is unsafe to pass on their left).
- Provided it is safe to do so, you must yield to any runner who announces his/her intention to pass, by stepping off the trail.
- No weapons, personal alcohol, glass bottles, smoking, illegal drugs or pets will be permitted on the trails during the races. Violating any of these rules will result in runner disqualification.
- Violating any of these rules will result in runner disqualification.